Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Beyond Method # 8

This stuff is awesome!!!  Why aren't I already using it!?  It would be excellent in conjunction with the online presentation tools or just standalone to help users understand our webpage and catalog!  It makes every step of showing steps easy and intuitive. 

I didn't save my presentation because I don't have  amicrophone, so I was 'practicing' the dialogue for the video.  it would still work for a video I used during a live presentation, instead of being forced to be stuck at a pc.

I used Screencast-o-matic for my tutorial.  I used it to show how to:
Find our catalog
Do a title, subject, and author search
See if a book is available
Find the Call Number

all these steps were as easy as slowly mousing over each step, typing slowly, and pointing to the appropriate links and slowly pointing to them.  The end result was a soundless step-by-step guide to the basics of our catalog.

I hope to mic up and get started making actual tutorials for our website soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment