Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Beyond Method # 7

I chose to use sliderocket and wooowee is it F A N C Y!  It was also pretty darned intuitive.  I really enjoyed playing around with it using the fake presentation.  I have used Google Docs and played with their online rpesentation tool, so i skipped on reviewing it.  I wasn't crazy about it and I'm not super sold on Google Docs either.  Sadly, my brain is trained on Office software.  Free stuff always annoys me when i'm trying to do seriosu work.  I do know how to use it and know how to show patrons where to find free office software.

I don't know when I'd use online presentations, but I want to keep an open mind.  We may find a place for it on our library page and make reader's advisory tools that are presentations instead of just lists.  Or we could use it to advertise for an upcoming program or to answer common queries.  Honestly, most of the ones i looked at in this module are primarily PPT online, which isn't very next gen to me.  But PPT isn't bad just poorly utilized. 

No comments:

Post a Comment